1. My daughter is very busy during school days. Even though this is interesting, she doesn’t have time to take on any more enrichment programs.
We understand. The idea is not to burden them but familiarize them with these important skills at an early age that will motivate them to opt for STEM courses in the future. We offer a flexible schedule, which means we will work with you to come up with a time-slot (weekend or weekday) that works for your daughter.
2. Is there a minimum number of classes I have to sign up for?
Every course has a minimum number of sessions that need to be completed in order to earn the Certificate of Completion. Generally, our coding courses take 2-6 months to complete unless mentioned otherwise. For example, courses like 3D Design with Coding and Geometry and Modding with Minecraft take 2 months (8 weeks) to complete whereas Python Programming Level 2 takes 16 weeks to complete. We have carefully designed the number of classes to ensure the girls get sufficient exposure to the topic.
3. How do I know which course to chose for my daughter?
Every student comes with a different experience and interest level. Course selection is extremely important because we want the girls to be challenged but also enjoy the learning process. In other words, the course should not be too difficult or too easy for them. Most of our students start at the beginner level and work their way up into the program. Typically, below is the course recommendation for various age-groups:
a) Rover (7-8years):
Introduction to Scratch Programming Level 1 and Level 2
App Design with an introduction to problem-solving framework
b) Apollo (9-12 years):
Scratch Programming Level 1 and Level 2
Code4Math with Scratch Programming
3D Design with Coding and Geometry
Digital Making with Mibro:bit
Modding with Minecraft
c) Falcon (13-16 years):
Web Programming Level 1 with HTML, CSS
Python Programming Level 1
Python Programming Level 2
4. How can I sign up and pay the fees?
5. What type of coding do you offer?
a) Block-based programming: We start with block-based programming at Rover and Apollo level. We use the Scratch platform which introduces the girls to the basics of programming and helps them develop logical reasoning and computational thinking. Block-based programming is also used in other modules like Digital Making with BBC Microbit, 3D design with Coding and Geometry, and Modding with Minecraft.
b) Text-based programming:
1. Python programming: This is suitable for girls 12 years or older in our Falcon program. Python is one of the most popular beginner-friendly programming languages that is very easy and fun to learn. Proficiency in Scratch programming or equivalent is required for this course. We have planned the modules methodically, with ample practice time given to the girls so that they can internalize the concepts with ease.
6. My daughter is 17 years old but hasn’t had any experience with coding. Can she still join?
Absolutely! We want the girls to have a stress free and fun introduction to coding and STEM in general. We welcome girls and their parents who are open to trying out coding and get acquainted with a skill that is as important as literacy in this 21st-century world.
7. What is the class scheduling/ rescheduling policy?
When you schedule a class for the student, please make sure that these times generally work for your child on a weekly basis. We will try our best to accommodate your preferences. We shall contact you to discuss this further if the need arises.
We request that parents let us know of changes in plans to attend 2 days in advance (unless there is a family emergency or illness). We want to make sure that our instructors have enough time to plan for the lessons and manage their schedules. Otherwise we will assume your girl(s) are attending the class and we will go ahead with the planning and charge you for that class.
Make-up classes may be offered depending on our capacity to handle these requests.
8. What is the cancellation policy?
We understand that unexpected situations may arise wherein you may want your child to discontinue the course. We will refund the balance of the course with NO questions asked. Please fill out this form to submit your request.