1. My daughter is very busy during school days. Even though this is interesting, she doesn’t have time to take on any more enrichment programs.
We understand. The idea is not to burden them but familiarize them with these important skills at an early age that will motivate them to opt for STEM courses in the future. We offer a flexible schedule, which means we will work with you to come up with a time-slot (weekend or weekday) that works for your daughter.
We also offer bite-sized holiday workshops and special coding events offered online that you can keep a lookout for via our Facebook and Instagram page. Follow our social media posts and get updated about all the things happening at Lavender Spaceship.
2. Is there a minimum number of classes I have to sign up for?
Every course has a minimum number of sessions that need to be completed in order to earn the Certificate of Completion. Generally, our coding courses take 3-6 months to complete unless mentioned otherwise. For example, courses like 3D Design with Coding and Geometry and Modding with Minecraft take 2 months (8 weeks) to complete. We have carefully designed the number of classes to ensure the girls get sufficient exposure to the topic.
3. How can I sign up and pay the fees?
There is a simple form under "Get in Touch" on our website that you can fill out. You can pay the fees via cheque or bank transfer.
4. What type of coding do you offer?
a) Block-based programming: We start with block-based programming using the Scratch platform which introduces the girls to the basics of programming and helps them develop logical reasoning and computational thinking. Block-based programming is also used in other modules like Digital Making with BBC Microbit, 3D design with Coding and Geometry, and Modding with Minecraft.
b) Text-based programming:
1. Python programming: This is suitable for girls 12 years or older in our Falcon program. Python is one of the most popular beginner-friendly programming languages that is very easy and fun to learn. Proficiency in Scratch programming or equivalent is required for this course. We have planned the modules methodically, with ample practice time given to the girls so that they can internalize the concepts with ease.
5. My daughter is 17 years old but hasn’t had any experience with coding. Can she still join?
Absolutely! We want the girls to have a stress free and fun introduction to coding and STEM in general. We welcome girls and their parents who are open to trying out coding and get acquainted with a skill that is as important as literacy in this 21st-century world.